Welcome to the 2019 MD&M Minneapolis Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a conference speaker, you receive a complimentary All Access Pass to the expo and conference – we take care of getting you registered so you don’t have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Speaker Ready Room located in Room 208D. Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive one complimentary guest pass plus an additional 20% discount for clients and colleagues (unlimited use) by using the code SPEAKER2019 in the registration portal; you can begin circulating this discount through your network right away. Please contact Aileen McDermott at [email protected] to request a guest pass – you’ll simply need to provide the guest’s name, job title, company, phone number, and email address.
- You receive access to all onsite networking activities, exhibitions, entertainment, conference lunches, and sponsored trainings.
- Your participation on faculty provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the advanced manufacturing and engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the 2019 MD&M Minneapolis event websites
- A chance to have your session promoted on all 2019 MD&M Minneapolis and affiliate Social Networks
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company’s leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
Please carefully review the following deliverables and deadlines required of all speakers. If you’ve already provided us with some or all of these items, please feel free to skip over this section.
- September 23 - Speaker Agreement Due - Download, review, sign, and submit the agreement. Click here to download.
- September 23 - Professional Bio & Photo Due - Photo should be 200x200 pixel, high-resolution preferred. Upload here.
- October 18 - Presentation Slides Due
- October 18- Mobile Phone Number & Twitter Handle Due
- October 18 - Last Day to Submit Presentation Edits or Changes
- Oct 23-24 - 2019 MD&M Minneapolis Conference
Conference Program Director: Laurie Lehmann - [email protected] - 310-445-4208
Medtech Central Stage Producer: Laurie Lehmann - [email protected] - 310-445-4208
Engineering HQ Theater Producer: Jennifer Campbell - [email protected] - 508-981-4343
Conference Operations Lead: Aileen McDermott - [email protected]
Theaters Operations Lead: Huxley Collins - [email protected]
Sponsorship Operations Lead: Katie Tirschel - [email protected]
- Design News, Chris Wiltz - [email protected]
- MD+DI and Qmed, Daphne Allen - [email protected]
- Packaging Digest, Lisa Pierce - [email protected]
- Plastics Today, Norbert Sparrow - [email protected]
Public Relations Lead: Audrey Uchimoto, Associate PR Manager - [email protected]
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Slide format must be 16:9
- Presentations must be submitted in a PDF and PPT format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
- Name the presentation file: MDM19_FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- Submit your presentation here →
Standard conference session rooms will include the following:
- 1 Podium Microphone
- 1 Wired Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector With VGA Cable Connector
- Large Projector Screen (16:9)
- PC Laptop
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of general and/or trade media. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
Marketing & Pre-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here’s how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you’re on social media, we hope that you’ll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you’re willing and available, we hope that you’ll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you’re influencing your industry. Don’t miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtags: #AdvMfgExpo
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #AdvMfgExpo on October 23-24th! See you there…
- Example 2: #AdvMfgExpo is going to be the best yet! I’ll be speaking at the MD&M Minneapolis Conference on October 23-24th with brand-new content on technology transfer. See you at the conference.
Conference Room Location
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the convention center and locate your track room on the second floor:
- Conference, Track A: 208AB
- Conference, Track B: 206AB
- Conference, Track C: 207AB
- Medtech Central Stage: Booth #1947
- Engineering HQ Stage (Expo Hall): Booth #744
Speaker Ready Room Location
To check-in and pick-up your badge, go to the 208D. The Speaker Ready Room is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists. If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you’ll be able to find a staff member to help you here. The Speaker Ready Room is open from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Wednesday and Thursday.
Medtech Central Theater and Engineering HQ Theater Locations
The Medtech Central Theater is located in booth #1947, and the Engineering HQ Theater is located in booth #744 of the convention center through the main entrance on ground level. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead to let them know you’ve arrived.
Tech Theater Location
The pavilion is located in Booth#2509 in the expo. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead.
As a member of faculty, you’ll be provided with complimentary lunch all both days of the event; buffet lunch will be served in Room 101 from 11:45 AM – 1:15 PM daily.
Lunch & Learns
Please contact Katie Tirschel at [email protected] to confirm your Lunch & Learn meeting room ahead of the event.
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, the 2019 MD&M Minneapolis event has partnered with Convention Management Resources (CMR) to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
To download the mobile app, search for AMG Minneapolis in your app store on your phone. The mobile app provides access to the full conference schedule, onsite activities, networking events, theater programs, and the full list of exhibitors across all co-located shows.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact [email protected].
- Do not include sales pitches and commercial information in your presentations. Our conferences provide educational and informative presentations. Speakers who include self-promotional content will not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about 2019 MD&M Minneapolis sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact [email protected].